Dementia Tech is our small local charity that uses technology as a tool to engage people with dementia. Our electronics are simple to use and dementia friendly. Technology is part of our everyday lives and our aim as a charity is provide an opportunity for local people with dementia to use technology in a way that is beneficial to them. We run community projects and work with care homes and day centres so that our local community can utilise the equipment that we have. Our equipment includes a virtual reality headset, a magic table and android tablets that can all be used to facilitate engaging, fun and stimulative activity sessions.
Our purpose as a charity is to:
- Dispel myths associated with people’s assumptions about dementia
- Building active dementia friendly communities
- Promoting citizenship
- Pass on traditions through oral history via reminiscence therapy
- Address inequality Increased choice, safety, independence and sense of control Improved quality of life
- Reduced burden placed on carers Improved support for people with long-term health conditions
- Provide access to latest technological devices for recreational use
- Promote a sense of well-being
- Reduce loneliness
- Change people’s perceptions of older people and technology
- Help care homes to allow their residents access to latest technology
- Remove labels
All of the above can contribute to the development of a sustainable community.
If you would like to find out more about what we do or donate to our charity, please email email@example.com.